I am very good at starting things. In fact I can start things with the best of them. The problem that I run into is finishing the things that I start. It is kind of funny when you stop to think about it, for some reason I am able to get a goal of 50,000 words in 30 days and complete it. But when it comes to things that would improve my real world, I can’t seem to follow through on them. These are things that will save me some money, who doesn’t like that. Or make my house run a bit smoother, that also would be a good thing. But I don’t seem to ever finish what I start with regards to this stuff and other stuff too.
So for the month of December I am going to be doing something that I like to call Get Shit Completed. I have a list of projects that I would like to get done before the beginning of the New Year. Some of them are fairly time-consuming, others are smaller things. So I thought I would put this out there maybe it would be a bit more accountability for me if I was to post it here for the whole world to see, or maybe it just gives me something to write about for the next few weeks.
I was thinking of doing a link-up, so if you have some projects that are lingering and wanted to finish up you could join me too. I was thinking I would post on Monday with the link-up thingy, as most of my time to work on this stuff is on the weekends. I have never hosted a link up so this would be a first for me. I even made a cool little icon for this under taking. If you want to grab it you can.
So here is my list of things I am going to try to finish in December:
- Feedback on the next 3 chapters that I am beta reading. I have been a bad reader and would not be surprised if this is the last I will get to read. Sorry about that.
- Clean out “Studio” make it a useable room. This one is going to be a huge task, one that I have been putting off but needs to be done.
- Finish scarf for DS
- Christmas shopping of course this one can not really be put of, but would like to get most of it done sooner than later.
- Ship stuff to AZ and PA this would be stuff for Christmas
- Make BFF’s hula hoop, this will be sent to PA along with other gifts.
- Move out of second storage unit.
- Make skirt that I have been putting off.
- Make Steampunk hat for Fat Dragon Store.
- Send out a few holiday cards. Maybe take a family photo to go with them.
I am sure there will be other stuff that I come up with but this is what I have as of now. So wish me luck on this undertaking. And if you decide to join in the completing fun come back and link-up with me on Mondays all this month.