The plan for this weekend was to switch web hosts for Jsutalittlesnakry.com. I have been thinking about this for a while now but after an outage on Friday I was ready for the switch. I have nothing bad to say about the previous host they where awesome with support, but they were also a bit on the expensive side for what is just a hobby.
List of thing things that I learned from this process in no particular order:
- Know what you are getting yourself into.
- Plan for it to take 3 times along as you thought it would.
- Make sure that all of your media is on flickr. (I didn’t and lost buckets of photos from all of posts)
- It is OK to have a full-fledged tantrum that would out do any child within your household or others in the immediate area. (not one of my prouder moments in the process)
- Nothing is a simple plan when it come to the interwebs no matte how simple it should be.
- Vast amounts of sugar/chocolate will help sooth the pain of distorting all of your hard work in one click of a button.
- There will be tears, and cussing, and tears, and some more tears and cussing, lots of cussing. Almost web induced torrents
In hind sight
I was so not ready for what I was about to do. I think most of the negative stuff on the list was demonstrated more than once in the process. But as you can see I am back up and running I my new home. There are still images that are missing but I learned a valuable lesson Flickr is my friend. And I am never going to do that again, if I don’t have to.